General Conditions for Recognition
- The society /governing body of the institution
must be registered.
- Fresh certificate of satisfactory sanitary
conditions in and around the institution issued by the district
health officer should be submitted.
- Attested copies of registration certificate
and inspection report issued by EDO (Education) concerned shall
- Proof of ownership of the building, or
in case of rented premises, attested copy of the rent deed shall
- Attested copy of the building plan shall
also be provided.
- Size of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
laboratories, and also that of Computer laboratory (if any)
along with list of apparatus shall be provided.
- Size of library and subject-wise list of
books available shall be provided. Size of class rooms shall
also be provided.
- The building should have a hall. There
should be adequate sports grounds and goods as well as proper
first aid arrangements.
- Class-wise lists of students shall be provided.
- The staff of the institution must be academically
and professionally qualified. The principal should be M.A-B.A
- All rooms should have proper light and
ventilation. Fans should be fixed in all rooms.
- The librarian and PTI should be qualified
- The registers of Admission, school-leaving,
income and expenditure should be properly accounted for. It
will be the responsibility of the institution to maintain a
record of admission etc of all students
Recognition of Institutions
An institution fulfilling all conditions laid in the Board Calendar
can apply for recognition affiliation with the Board provided that
the institution is already registered up to SSC or Intermediate
level with the EDO (Education) concerned. Further the application
for recognition/affiliation must be routed through the EDO (Education)
Procedure for Applying
Get four files containing all application
forms required for recognition from the Inquiry Section of
the Board or from some bookseller or stationer.
Fill in all the four sets of application
forms very carefully and submit three files complete in all
respects to the DEO concerned keeping one file for record
of the institution. The DEO concerned will keep one file in
his office and send two files after necessary action to the
EDO (Education) concerned. The EDO (Education) concerned will
in his turn retain one file for his office and send one file
to the Secretary Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education
The application for recognition for SSC/Intermediate
must be submitted in case of a Government institution by 15th
April of the year in which it is proposes to start classes,
and in case of private institution by 30th January. Action
on applications received after due date can be taken only
after condonation of delay by the Competent authority and
after payment of prescribed fine.
Inspection Fee and Endowment
The following amounts shall be realized as different fee/funds:
- Inspection fee for the first time: Rs
- Inspection fee after wards: Rs 2,000
- Permanent inspection fee: Rs 5,000.
Endowment Fund for Institutions
- Boys; Science/Arts SSC: Rs 35,000.
- Sharqia Boys: Rs 25,000.
- Girls; Science/Arts SSC: Rs 30,000.
- Sharqia; Girls: Rs 20,000.
- Boys; Science Intermediate: Rs 95,000.
- Boys Arts Intermediate: Rs 75,000.
- Girls; Science Intermediate: Rs 95,000.
- Girls; Arts Intermediate: Rs 75,000.
The Endowment Fund must be deposited
in the authorized bank in the joint name of Chairman Board and the
Institution concerned. However the inspection fee shall be deposited
in the authorized Branch of HBL.through challan. After application
form and prescribed fee have been received in the office, the Board
checks the particulars thoroughly and in case of any shortcoming
directs the institution concerned to do the needful. After that
an inspection committee inspects the institution. The competent
authority takes a decision to grant recognition or otherwise, in
the light of recommendations of the inspection committee.